Google have launched a beta of their in-game advertising solution, dubbed “AdSense for games”.
The program makes it easy to display ads in placements the game creator defines, such as before a game, after a level, or when the game is over. The beta is currently only accepting publishers with high traffic levels.
I am not aware of the requirements needed to use adverts within your games, but the examples so far appear to be flash games.
An example of how the in-game advertising will look can be seen in the video below:
YoYo Games have still not released any further news on the in-game advertising they announced they were considering introducing in February of this year.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!