Google have launched a beta of their in-game advertising solution, dubbed “AdSense for games”.
The program makes it easy to display ads in placements the game creator defines, such as before a game, after a level, or when the game is over. The beta is currently only accepting publishers with high traffic levels.
I am not aware of the requirements needed to use adverts within your games, but the examples so far appear to be flash games.
An example of how the in-game advertising will look can be seen in the video below:
YoYo Games have still not released any further news on the in-game advertising they announced they were considering introducing in February of this year.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs