Google have launched a beta of their in-game advertising solution, dubbed “AdSense for games”.
The program makes it easy to display ads in placements the game creator defines, such as before a game, after a level, or when the game is over. The beta is currently only accepting publishers with high traffic levels.
I am not aware of the requirements needed to use adverts within your games, but the examples so far appear to be flash games.
An example of how the in-game advertising will look can be seen in the video below:
YoYo Games have still not released any further news on the in-game advertising they announced they were considering introducing in February of this year.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios