The long-awaited GameMaker Marketplace has officially opened. Today the asset store was soft-launched by YoYo Games, the developers of GameMaker Studio. Publishers will be able to sell a variety of assets on the marketplace, including graphics, audio, scripts, fonts, shaders, and extensions.
YoYo Games describe the store as a “one-stop-shop for developers to access all of the amazing game making resources created by members of the GameMaker community.”
The GameMaker Marketplace is currently in beta and is available to everyone who has purchased GameMaker Studio, but only those with GameMaker Studio Professional or GameMaker Studio Master Collection will be able to sell their assets initially.
Publishers also have to be manually approved before they can upload assets.
The asset store launches almost 4 years after competitor Unity launched the Unity asset store which currently features over 10,000 asset packages.
You can help test the GameMaker Marketplace by creating content, reporting bugs and problems, and providing feedback to YoYo Games.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios