YoYo Games, the developers of GameMaker Studio, have posted a new tech blog article discussing how to profile the performance of GameMaker projects using the Debug Module. Below is an excerpt.
“If you are unfamiliar with the term, profiling is simply a way of checking a game’s performance while [it is] running, whether it’s checking the overall engine performance for bottlenecks, or checking individual functions to see which one is faster to use.”
The article discusses the potential that profiling has in optimizing and benchmarking GameMaker projects.
“With this new tool in your arsenal you can get a detailed look at how your games actually perform at a granular level.”
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios