Sandy Duncan, CEO of YoYo Games, has said that he supports a monthly subscription model for use of the GameMaker software. Presumably, a subscription model would provide cheaper initial access to functionality that is already offered at set prices, such as exporting to platforms like iOS, Android, and HTML5.
We’ve included a poll to measure community support for the idea. Cast your vote below!
If you already own the Master Collection or all of the export modules that you’re interested in, please vote as if you had the option to pay for a subscription prior to buying them.
Consider sharing this post on social media to help us get better results. Don’t forget to leave a comment explaining your vote too!
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart